Research Support Services
Offices of Research Support Services
This page provides information regarding the grant submission process with separate entry portals tailored to meet the distinct needs of researchers and administrators. For researchers there are easy to follow directions regarding the processes for submission of grant proposals and the management of grants at Jefferson. For administrators there are links to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Service Level Agreements that describe the processes used by Research Administration Center for Excellence (RACE) and Office of Research Administration (ORA) for grants submission and administration.
Designed to inform researchers on how to find their Grants Administrator, how to initialize and submit their grant proposals through RACE and ORA, as well as information on the process of submitting a noncompetitive renewal application.
- Manage an Award
- Non-competitive Renewal
- Scientific Editing
- Funding Gaps
- What are RACE & ORA?
- Researcher Forms/Tools
- Remote Access Instructions
- Jefferson - East Falls PrAward Process Map
- NIH Grant Application Review
- MTA FAQs
- Faculty Course Buyout Form (PDF)
- What to Disclose to NIH about Senior/Key Personnel on Applications and Awards
- Offices of Research Support Services Overview
This section includes access to all grants administrative offices (RACE, ORA), information on federal, foundation, and internal funding opportunities and how to develop a grant proposal. These links require a Jefferson campus key to access the materials and are available via RAP if off-campus.
Research Management Services
RACE is a secure shared service center that will provide faculty-centric research administration support across Jefferson.
You will find the following types of information in the RACE secure portal as you pursue your research interests:
Office of Research Administration (ORA)
Jefferson's Office of Research Administration assists researchers in applying for, and managing sponsored funding.
- Scientific Computing at Jefferson
- Guide for Researchers for Scholarly Support
- Faculty Course Buyout Form This is a fillable form with help text embedded within the document. In order to complete the form and see the help text [hover your mouse over each field], save the document to your PC/MAC, right-click on the icon and select Open with and then select Adobe Acrobat.
- Applied Research Playbook
- Turning Ideas Into Fundable Proposals
- NIH Grant Application/Review
- NSF Fundamentals Workshop – Jefferson – December 2017
- Office of Research Support Services
- PI-Specific Trainings
- Research Community Update from Jefferson’s Academic Pillar & IS&T 2021
- Jefferson Libraries (Academic Commons)
- Academic Commons Research Support Newsletter Summer Edition 2022
- iThenticate (PDF)
- Community of Science Pivot
- Resources for Innovators
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC)
- Office of Animal Resources (OAR)
- Office of Human Research (OHR)
- Office of Research Administration (ORA)
- Environmental Health & Safety (Sharepoint)
- Database Search Request