Fusing Discovery, Innovation & Application
Research at Jefferson strives to seamlessly integrate basic scholarship and discovery with translation and application of new knowledge, in disciplines ranging from immunology to design of functional fabrics. In our robust research culture, faculty, students, clinicians and technical staff collaborate in mutually reinforcing efforts to uncover and mine practical impact from new knowledge.
Our researchers strive to gain critical knowledge on their area of expertise with a goal of finding new ways to diagnose and treat illness. Learn more about our researchers.
Seeking Artistry in Research
Jefferson’s first enterprise-wide research-art contest reveals the beauty of rarely seen parts of the natural world and opens windows to the soul.
Jefferson Research: By the Numbers
Patents for new drugs, software innovations, medical devices & diagnostic tools
In National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding
Active clinical studies across Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health
Nursing Research & Innovation
The Jefferson College of Nursing (JCN) is focused on pioneering health services research and innovation to drive next-generation solutions.
Explore our COVID-19 related funding opportunities, review active clinical trials and find more resources.
Centers & Institutes
- Cardeza Foundation for Hematologic Research
- Center for Connected Care
- Center for Injury Research & Prevention
- Center for Translational Medicine
- Center for Vaccines & Pandemic Preparedness
- Computational Medicine Center
- Daniel Baugh Institute for Functional Genomics /Computational Biology
- Fashion & Textiles Future Center
- Institute for Smart & Healthy Cities
- Jefferson Clinical Research Institute (JCRI)
- Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center
- Melanoma Research Institute of Excellence (MRIE)
- Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute (MRRI)
- Vickie & Jack Farber Institute for Neuroscience
- Wills Vision Research Center at Jefferson
We partnered with @jkxcomics for an illustrated series called "Beyond the Bench"! Featured is @JeffersonUniv alumn Tess Cherlin @alldayscientess and how a love for mystery drew her to science: https://t.co/REomIQmkaK@CompMedicineTJU #JeffersonResearch #InternationalWomensDay pic.twitter.com/HTyqLm9iAm— Jefferson Research (@ResearchAtJeff) March 8, 2023
Follow us on Twitter
Keep up to date with the latest stories from basic, clinical, and applied research as well as events and milestones in our #JeffersonResearch community!
Jefferson partners with organizations in the European Union for international research opportunities.