Office of Human Research
- Director, Office of Human Research
- Director, Clinical Research Unit
- Professor, SKMC Department of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics
For Research Activities
- Senior Associate Provost, Research Conduct & Compliance
- Professor, SKMC Department of Pathology, Anatomy & Cell Biology
Institutions must enter into an agreement with the federal government in order to conduct human research with federal funding. This agreement is called a Federalwide Assurance, or FWA. In entering into this agreement, the University and Hospital affirm that all human research, not just federally funded research, conducted in these institutions will adhere to certain ethical standards and federal regulations concerning human subjects research.
As the University and the Hospital are separate entities, each has its own FWA. Thomas Jefferson University’s FWA number is 00002109 with expiration date of 12/10/2025. Thomas Jefferson University Hospital’s FWA is 00002142 with expiration date of 2/3/2026.