- Director, Office of Human Research
- Director, Clinical Research Unit
- Professor, SKMC Department of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics
For Research Activities
- Senior Associate Provost, Research Conduct & Compliance
- Professor, SKMC Department of Pathology, Anatomy & Cell Biology
The Office of Human Research now has service agreements with two independent commercial IRBs: Advarra IRB and WIRB-Copernicus Group.
These agreements allow Jefferson investigators to apply directly to the commercial IRB to join an existing study that has already received IRB approval. Currently, this option is open for select industry-sponsored phase 1, 2, 3, and 4 clinical trials.
OHR will make the final decision on a study-by-study basis as to whether it will permit an investigator to apply to the commercial IRB.
When Submitting to:
Advarra is the new name for the company created through the merger of Schulman, Chesapeake, and Quorum IRBs. For assistance with legacy studies previously approved by these IRBs, please use the Advarra contact information.
General Submission Questions:
Denise De La Sierra
- Instructions for joining an existing study with Advarra IRB (PDF)
- Advarra IRB website
- CIRBI (online submission system)
- FAQs on the Advarra merger
Jefferson’s Institution # for WCG is 83645.
Christopher Gennai, CIP
Account Manager, Institutions