- Co-designing a toolkit to improve digital literacy and reduce disparities in health outcomes among a Hispanic population
DLA-21-1. The Mayor's Fund for Philadelphia. (PI: Rising) 2021 - 2023.
- Developing a Patient-Centered Research Agenda to Reduce Disparities in Telehealth Uptake
Capacity Building. Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). (PI: Rising) 6/2021 - 5/2023.
- Federal Communications Commission COVID-19 Telehealth Program
(PI: Rising). 2020.
- Promoting safe care transitions: Simulation-based mastery learning to improve communication in times of diagnostic uncertainty
5 R18 HS025651-03. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). (PI:Rising) 9/2017 - 09/2021.
- Measuring Patient Uncertainty During Acute Care
Emergency Medicine Foundation & Emergency Nurses Association. (MPI: Rising/Gerolamo). 7/2016 - 6/2017.
- A pragmatic randomized controlled trial assessing the impact of medically tailored meals and medical nutrition therapy via telehealth among patients with poorly controlled diabetes
5 R18 DK118590-02. National Institute of Health (NIDDK). (PI: Rising) 7/2019 - 6/2024.
- A Pilot Trial Assessing the Feasibility of Providing Medically-Tailored Meals to Patients with Health Failure
Pennsylvania Medical Society. (PI: Chang). 10/2019 - 3/2021.
- Promotion of Covid-19 VA(X)ccination in the Emergency Department - PROCOVAXED
1R01AI166967-01. National Institute of Health. (PI: Rodriguez) 9/2021 - 8/2024 (subcontract).
- Optimizing Telehealth Across the Cancer Continuum
NCI Telehealth Continuum (co-I: Rising).
- Understanding Reasons Jefferson Home Health Care Patients Seek Unscheduled Acute Care: Can a Telehealth Intervention Keep Patients at Home?
Jefferson Provost's Pilot Clinical Research Award. (PI: Gerolamo). 7/2019 - 6/2020.
- Qualitative Assessment of Physician and Patient Perception of a Telemedicine Initiative
Jefferson Provost's Pilot Clinical Research Award. (PI: Handley). 7/2019 - 6/2020.
- State of Emergency: Reducing Racial Disparities in Diabetes Care in Pennsylvania
4100077081. Pennsylvania Department of Health (PI: Rovner). 1/2017 - 12/2021.
- Reducing Emergency Diabetes Care for Older African Americans
5 R01 DK114033-04. National Institute of Health (NIDDK) (PI: Rovner). 5/2018 - 3/2022.
- An Innovative Approach to Advanced Care Planning for Patients with Dementia
Pennsylvania Medical Society. (PI: Rising). 10/2019 - 3/2021.
- Geriatric Emergency care Applied Research network 2.0 - Advancing Dementia Care (GEAR 2.0 ADC)
R61AG069822-01. NIH / NIA. (mPI: Hwang, Shah). 2020 - 2025.
- Patient Returns to the Emergency Department: When and Why?
Emergency Medicine Foundation & Emergency Nurses Association. (MPI: Rising). 7/2013 - 6/2015.
- A Patient-Centered Approach to Observation Care and Transitions Home
Emergency Medicine Foundation. (Mentor: Rising). 7/2015 - 6/2016.
- Patient Centered Transition Planning Following Discharge from the Emergency Department
Emergency Medicine Foundation. (PI: Rising). 7/2014 - 6/2017.
- Concept Mapping as a Scalable Method for Identifying Patient-Important Outcomes
PCORI. (PI: Rising). 1/2016 - 12/2019.
- Developing an Instrument to Measure Opportunity Cost of Oncology Care
American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant. (PI: Handley). 2019 - 2020.
- Fentanyl Test Strip (FTS) Distribution in the Emergency Department
Vital Strategies. (PI: Reed). 5/2021 - 9/2021.