Name: Stanton B. Miller, MD, MPH, FACS Expand/Collapse Contact Info
Our research projects include:
- Effectiveness of service dogs paired with veterans with PTSD/TBI for symptom management, Jennifer Shiroff and Jacqueline O’Rourke- Fulford (with funding)
- Gray-Miceli D, Juliano D, Sloane H, Kates J, Borden C, Rainer S, Miller S, Ratcliffe SJ, Rogoswki J, and Smith ML. Feasibility study to test Jefferson -New Jersey Hospitals and Nurse Readiness for Implementing the Reducing All Falls Together (RAFT) Intervention. Funded by Stratton Foundation, Pilot Study, $3,509.00, January, 2020
- Poster Presentation: Tobias, J., Bermudez, A. & Miller, S. “Strengthening Research Partnership and Health Care Systems to Prevent Violence: A SWOT analysis.” Society for Advancement of Violence and Injury Research 2020: Promoting Health Equity Through the Science of Injury and Violence Prevention, Philadelphia, PA, April 2020.
- The Development of a Multiple Interventional Strategy to Decrease Falls in the Elderly in a Community Setting: Implementation and Outcomes Measurement in the Jefferson Health System Pod of the Delaware Valley Accountable Care Organization (one of the largest ACO’s in the US). This is a collaborative effort of the Departments of Surgery, Family and Community Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy at Jefferson.
- Types and Patterns of Geriatric Injury in the Jefferson Health System: Comparison to National and International Data: A Systematic Literature Review (In Progress)
- Osteopenia Screening in an Emergency Department Setting (TJUH and Methodist Hospitals) as Prevention of Long Bone Fracture: A Falls Risk Assessment Survey for the Elderly (In Progress)
- A Retrospective Analysis of Bicyclist Traumatic Brain Injury Admission to a Level 1 Trauma Service with Relationship to Helmet Usage (at TJUH)
- Implementation of Helmet Usage in Urban Bike Share Programs: A Critical Analysis
- Concussion in Youth Soccer: A Critical Analysis (Collaborative Effort of JCIRP and Jefferson College of Population Health)
- Concussion in Youth Football: A Critical Analysis (Collaborative Effort of JCIRP and Jefferson College of Population Health)
- Collegiate Health and Suicide: A Critical Study (In Conjunction with Jefferson College of Population Health, Dept. of Psychiatry at SKMC)
- Behavioral Healthcare Economics as a Means of Gun Control: New Approaches (In Conjunction with the Jefferson College of Population Health)
- Safe Routes to School: Use of Big Data to Guide Vision Zero Implementation for the City of Philadelphia (In conjunction with the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia, Public Health Management Corporation)