Tyagi Lab research revolves around HIV and drugs of abuse focusing mainly transcriptional and epigenetic aspects. Our main research areas of interest are:
- Define the underlying molecular mechanisms that regulate HIV transcription and latency, and how can those mechanisms be used for therapeutic benefits.
- Characterize the molecular mechanisms that different drugs of abuse modulate to enhance HIV replication and neurocognitive complications.
- How different drugs of abuse, such as cocaine, morphine and methamphetamine modulate HIV life cycle and neurocognitive impairments.
- Define the underlying molecular and epigenetic mechanisms that regulate HIV latency and how they can be manipulated to eradicate HIV.
- Identify the small molecules that can inhibit coronavirus, HIV and neutralize impact of different drugs of abuse.