233 South 10th Street
BLSB, Room 815
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Mission, Goals, Capabilities
To provide outstanding full range histopathology services complemented by access to unique banked tissue collections and Laser Capture Microdissection of tissues to capture individual cells for KCC members and external users. The Translational Research/Pathology Shared Resource Facility is used by over 100 investigators and has provided key data that support numerous publications and grant applications.
The facility provides a full range of histopathological services including sample processing, slide preparation and staining of human and animal tissues or cell samples. Automated processing and tissue stainers provide highly reproducible results and allow co-registration of staining in the facility with analysis carried out in clinical pathology laboratories. Immunohistochemical staining is performed on paraffin sections, frozen tissue or cytologic preparations, utilizing a broad range of optimized commercial antibodies or antibodies provided by the investigator to be optimized.
- Paraffin, Processing/Cassette, Embedding/Block
- Sectioning of paraffin-embedded or frozen tissues
- Paraffin/Frozen, Cut DNase & RNase-free slide/Slide
- Frozen, Embedding or block handling/Block
- H&E Stain/Deparaffinization/Dehydration/Counter Stain/Slide
- Immunohistochemistry, New antibody optimization/Antibody
- TMA(Tissue microarray) Construction set up/TMA Block
- Membrane slide (for LCM)/Slide