Small Animal Radiation Research Platform
Mission, Goals, Capabilities
The SARRP enables researchers to replicate the radiotherapy process of imaging, target localization and radiotherapy treatment delivery techniques employed when treating patients in clinical oncology departments.
In order to improve the efficiency of radiation therapy and minimize the short and long term side effects of cancer treatment it is vital to study radiation biology using in vivo models.
- Preclinical Studies
- Normal tissues toxicity or injury from irradiation
- Underlying mechanisms that mediate cancer biology or tumor immunology
- Image Guided or Regular Photon Radiation therapy of rodents with SARRP
- CBCT Imaging and Treatment Planning with SARRP
- X-ray Irradiation of cultured cell, tissue specimens and extracts
- Hourly rate for the above services: $150 per hour