Mission, Goals, Capabilities
The Division of Biostatistics provides statistical assistance with study design and data analysis to the entire Jefferson community.
Members of the Division collaborate with Jefferson researchers on study/experimental design, grant proposal submissions, and data analyses. They are also involved in formal and informal educational and training activities throughout the University. The Division of Biostatistics also serves as the Biostatistics Shared Resource for Jefferson's Kimmel Cancer Center (KCC). Biostatistics faculty participate in KCC's research review committee, oversight committees for other shared resources, and various research and educational activities.
- 5 faculty and 3 staff statisticians available for assistance with statistical needs.
- Intel core-duo based personal computers with direct network connections.
- Statistical software available for includes SAS, R, Stata, Mplus and Matlab.
- Design and analysis of clinical and behavioral intervention trials including early phase trials and randomized trials.
- Design and analysis of observational studies.
- Design and analysis of basic science studies (e.g., animal experiments).
- Statistical consultation.